Skip to main content

Who qualifies to vote by overseas absentee ballot?

  • Eligible U.S. citizens, 18 or older, who are outside of the United States at the time of an election are qualified to vote in federal elections as overseas absentee voters.

  • To obtain an overseas absentee ballot, a voter must send in the official overseas registration and ballot request form by the deadline set by each state

  • If you are planning to travel, study, or work abroad temporarily and you know the address where you’ll be during the election, you may apply for the overseas absentee ballot prior to leaving the U.S. to make sure you meet the application deadline. 

  • Receipt of your overseas absentee ballot, voting, and return of your voted ballot must all be executed from outside the U.S.

People Registration US Vote

Overseas Vote is redirecting you to our parent site, U.S. Vote Foundation.

U.S. Vote Foundation offers complete voter services to all voter types including voters abroad and uniformed services voters and their families.

US Vote

You will be automatically redirected to the new website in 5 seconds...