5 Easy Steps to Get Your Cocktail Party Civics Meetup Underway
- Decide the time and place for your first Cocktail Party Civics (CPC) event
- Access the OVF Cocktail Party Civics Meetup Everywhere page online at http://www.meetup.com/Cocktail-Party-Civics/
- Click on the red button on the left sidebar, "Schedule a Meetup about Cocktail Party Civics," and you will see these three choices:
- Meetup Member: Login
- Facebook Account: Enter your FB Login
- Join as a new Member: Sign-up as a new Meetup Member by entering your name, email address, password and location
- Promote your event to your friends through your Facebook page, through Twitter, through emails and any other way you can.
- You will receive an email alert every time someone signs up to attend your upcoming CPC event. Both you and your attendees can leave comments on the event page, creating a pre-event discussion board.
Helpful Hints for Promoting and Holding your Cocktail Party Civics Meetup Event
- Download and read through the Cocktail Party Civics "How-to" Program Guide.
- Promote your event through Facebook, Twitter, email, word-of-mouth, and/or blogs. Consider sharing the CPC meetup link with others (for example, are you a member of a message board, group email, other networking site?)
- Print copies of the selected CPC Conversation Starter Handout topic for your CPC guests.
- Consider having a copy of the U.S. Constitution available at your event.
- Present your topic in an interactive manner! Encourage conversation and questions.
- Have your next CPC Meetup date ready to announce to your guests - and suggest a regular CPC Meetup schedule.
- Encourage CPC guests to start their own CPC events series!
Back to CPC Home